Saturday, May 22, 2010

sore ass meat, yummy dinner meat

Tuesday's practice was a lot of fun. Even though we *practiced* falling on our asses. (I don't need to practice that!) I am still having the big toe joint pain from pushing off on my right foot; I iced my foot, knee, and low back after practice. Followed by putting on some arnica and heat compresses. I also made more skate boot adjustments... OK inside my right skate is 2 foot beds-(super feet for arch and original foam for padding) between the 2 is duct taped the Bunga gel disc pad under where my toe joint impression is. I also loosened trucks and changed to fat laces. (I was told they keep skates tighter in the right places.)

Ready for Wednesday practice?
Honestly I can't remember all the drills on which day, but Wednesday we did some funny "panty passing" drills. People worried about the legality of panty passing, but I enjoyed the additional task while skating, more communication and more attention paying. Rules Schmules. We also did some giant pack drills and sling-shot type hits. It was like playing a video game with people on skates! Awesome!

After practice my right foot was a sort of achy numb, but I de-skated for a few minutes, had a drink at the bar, and went over and skated 90 minutes of adult skate! Including fast skate. I'm not a fast skater, but I will skate as fast as I can!

Odd side note: I drank 2 1/2 (refilled) bottles of water while skating and didn't need to pee. That is how sweaty I was.

On my way home I was dying starving and then remembered pork loin chops in the fridge thawing! I pulled the chops out and made a salad, ate the salad while looking for a simple pork recipe. I hate recipes! I took the "how long it bakes" info and that is all. I mixed bourbon, mustard, cinnamon, powdered onion, salt and pepper, rubbed the chops and let them sit while I chopped an apple in little bits then put apples down, the chops on top, more apples, and poured the rest of the goo over it. Covered with foil and baked. It was good. VERY GOOD. Since then I've also made 2 kinds of chicken for my long work week (4 1/2 shifts in 3 days). I end up eating frozen dinners if I don't pre-make food...

I also spent the rest of the night and into the morning washing my gear and doing laundry. Smells good here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment